incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <apa...@robweir.com>
Subject Re: Next steps for Symphony and AOO
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2012 20:02:40 GMT
On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 2:11 PM, Simon Phipps <simon@webmink.com> wrote:

> Apologies if I missed this, but what version of OpenOffice.org is Symphony based on?
Presumably we'll need to backport any features added to OpenOffice.org since that version
if we just rebrand Symphony this way.

We've been porting OOo features into Symphony on an ongoing basis for
years.  So one should not think of Symphony as being derived from only
a single version of OOo.  It is a mix.

But what you say about back porting is certainly true.  That is why I
wrote, "...there are areas where Symphony is missing enhancements or
bug fixes that are in OpenOffice."  But one cannot quantify this delta
merely by comparing version numbers.   One would need to look at
individual change sets.

-Rb