incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject What to do with the Czech homepage?
Date Sat, 02 Jun 2012 22:16:40 GMT
http://www.openoffice.org/cs/

I don't read Czech, but I was going over the NL pages to verify
download links, in preparation for when we enable the OOo 3.3
upgrades.

You can get a good sense of the page via http://translate.google.com

If any knows Czech, it would be good to confirm what follows:

At the top of the page it says (per Google):

"This is the site for developers.
The portal for users visit http://www.OpenOffice.cz/"

The rest of the page has links to extremely old versions, like OOo
2.2.  This would be a security issue except these links appear to be
broken.

If you follow the link ot www.openoffice.cz, you see a site that
claims (in its title) to be the "Official Portal of OpenOffice.org".

Two clicks later and you have a page that does have links to the AOO
3.4 distribution files:
http://www.openoffice.cz/stahnout/openoffice-org

But the branding is wrong, there is no mention of the license, no
links to the source, etc.

The site is a nice looking site, but I don't think our site should be
linking to something that claims to be the official download site.

So my plan is to remove the link and update the www.openoffice.org/cs
to link to the AOO 3.4 Czech files.

Any concerns?

-Rob