incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <apa...@robweir.com>
Subject Re: Can Apache OpenOffice be used for commercial basis without distribution?
Date Sun, 24 Jun 2012 06:01:04 GMT
On Sat, Jun 23, 2012 at 10:39 PM, tiffany mobileofficehq
<mobileofficehq@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Apache OpenOffice,
> Always thank for your effort in Apache OpenOffice.
> I'd like to use Apache OpenOffice for commercial product in Mobile
> Application.
> But I hope sell my office sutie for Mobile without distribution of source
> code.

Apache OpenOffice is open source software.  The main license is the
"Apache License 2.0".   More information on the license is here:
http://www.apache.org/foundation/license-faq.html    Question #2 on
that page addresses your question.

> Donation or Join in communinity is okay for me.
> Please let me know how to do it.

It might help to talk a little more about what you want to accomplish,
from a technical perspective.  Apache OpenOffice is built today in the
project on Windows 32-bit, MacOS, Linux 32 and 64-bit.  And there is
porting work to BSD and Solaris.  But not mobile platforms yet.
(Unless we consider Windows 8 now to be a mobile platform).  Did you
have a specific mobile platform in mind?

Regards,

-Rob