incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Request] [Bugzilla] Please help me adding into qa-team or related to have permission in BugZilla
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2012 12:51:01 GMT
On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 6:25 AM, Herbert Duerr <hdu@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> our bugzilla grants many rights by default with two major exceptions:
> can-confirm is needed for confirming an issue as reproducible
> edit-bugs is needed for setting the status of an issue to resolved
>
> Answering the calls for increased rights in bugzilla I looked through all
> the applicants and browsed through their contributions. For a third-party
> review here are the relevant links:
>
> Bin Guo <binbjguo@gmail.com> http://s.apache.org/VWu
> Liu Ping <doneyourself@gmail.com> http://s.apache.org/d2F
> Xiao Ting Xiao <tingxiaox@gmail.com> http://s.apache.org/xZX
> Du Jing <bjdujingbj@gmail.com> http://s.apache.org/BkQ
> Linyi Li <lilinyi921734@gmail.com> http://s.apache.org/1Hf
> Kevin Grignon <kevingrignon.oo@gmail.com> http://s.apache.org/LwV
>
> I don't want to offend anyone and I remember the recent discussion for
> increased leniency on fast-tracking contributors, but at least for two
> applicants a bugzilla-query found nothing, so I am a bit hesitant to elevate
> their priviledges.
>
> I'd be happy to change my conservative mind if there is consensus to do so.
> What is the general opinion on that topic?

At one point there was the suggestion that we give everyone (all user
accounts) canconfirm and editbugs permissions.  I thought that was too
much, since a random user, confused by BZ could accidentally remove a
critical bug from our attention by making the wrong changes.

But the general idea was to make these permissions widely available
upon request.  So not just committers, but anyone who asks for them.

So I would not object to adding volunteers to "qa-team".

-Rob