incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS][Calc] How to save locale code in number format importing form MS Excel.
Date Tue, 26 Jun 2012 18:08:01 GMT
On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 2:27 AM, Zhang Lu <> wrote:
> Hi All,
>   My name is Zhang Lu. I am a developer working in Symphony team. My
> special areas are number format, formula, and sc.
>    I found a issue in number format of sc, call for your help.
>    Step:
>    1. Create a MS Excel in English locale, set one cell's number
> format as "[$-407]d. mmm. yy;@" , which is a Germany date format.
> Saved as test.xls.(In attachment)
>    2. Open test.xls via AOO, the cell's format code is still
> "[$-407]d. mmm. yy;@"
>    3. Saved it as test.ods, and reopen it via AOO, you can find the
> format code change to "d. mmm. yy;@", the locale info([$-407]) lost.
>    4. Export to Excel, format code change to "d". "mmm". "yy;@"
> MS Excel support locale code in date and time format code, but AOO
> don't suport, and this info will be lost after saving to ods. In ods
> spec, there is no space to save this info(e.g. [$-407]).

I'm not very familiar with how Excel does it, but with ODF there is
stricter content/style separation.  So the cell styles, including date
format, are stored in style definitions.   It is possible to associate
a cell style with a specific locale.  Look here for an example:

But your example sounds simpler.  It is odd that it does not work.
Did you try the same scenario in OOo 3.3?  Maybe it is a regression?

View raw message