incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AOO testing status update as of 2012/06/26
Date Tue, 26 Jun 2012 16:14:48 GMT
On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 10:49 AM, Ji Yan <yanji.yj@gmail.com> wrote:
> HI all,
>
>   After AOO 3.4 release, we, QE, volunteer didn't send out weekly report
> to brief our activity, to make sure we are on the same page, I'll update
> you with our main activity and achievement:
> 1. Built up VCLAuto framework which has been deliver to trunk stream,
> anyone with Java experience is able to write test script under this
> framework.
> 2. 252 defect opened by people from IBM Symphony team which the defect
> doesn't exist in Symphony.
> 3. Confirmed 174 UNCONFIRMED issues in bugzilla.
> 4. Verified  184 RESOLVED issues in bugzilla
> 5. Work out AOO 3.4.1 test plan and put it on wiki page
> 6. Start AOO 3.4.1 fixed defect verification
> 7. AOO 3.4.1 general usage testing is ongoing.
>
> I'll keep you post with AOO 3.4.1 and AOO 3.5 testing status in next week.
> --

Good report.  Thanks!

Something to consider for next report.  When we give our quarterly
Board Report for the entire project,  two of the questions are:

-- How has the community developed since the last report

-- How has the project developed since the last report.

The work done by the Symphony QA team is excellent progress to report
for "how has the project developed?".

But is there anything the Symphony QA team can do to help develop the
community as well?

I think it would be great if we could brainstorm on ideas for
encouraging and enabling other volunteers to help with the QA work.
Not just existing project members, but also new volunteers we might
recruit.

-Rob