incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Audit of NL home pages
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2012 01:05:49 GMT
We're planning on enabling the OOo 3.3.0 update server soon.  This
will trigger the update prompts for OOo 3.3.0 users.  We would only
offer updates for users who have an appropriate translation/platform
available for them in AOO 3.4.

We could just have the update direct the users to
http://www.openoffice.org/download/index.html. our English language
download page.

I proposed that we try to do a little better and direct users to the
NL home page for each language.  My assumption was that we had updated
each NL page for which we had translations released with AOO 3.4.  But
just to be sure that this was true, I reviewed each NL home page.

I found out that we're not ready yet.  Five of the 15 NL home pages
either point to older OOo versions or have other problems.  Details of
what I found follow.

To some extent, I can fix some of these issues without even
understanding the language.  But the risk of error is increased.  So
it would be far preferable to have some volunteers step forward to
help here.

Thanks!

-Rob

Arabic http://www.openoffice.org/ar/index.html

The Arabic page needs some urgent help.  The downloads are pointing to
hard coded mirrors, to 3.3.0 RC1 downloads, and the links are dead.

------

Chinese (simplified)  http://www.openoffice.org/zh-cn/

OK.

------

Chinese (traditional)  http://www.openoffice.org/zh-tw/

OK

------

Czech http://www.openoffice.org/cs/

The Czech page needs some serious help.  It immediately points the
user to some off-site webpage.  It also claims the project is
sponsored by Novell and Sun, and that the latest version is OOo 2.2.

------

Dutch http://www.openoffice.org/nl/

Could use some improvements.  It using the OpenOffice.org name and not
using the new logo.  But it does link to AOO 3.4.

------

English (US) http://www.openoffice.org/download

OK

------

French  http://www.openoffice.org/fr/

OK

------

Galician http://www.openoffice.org/gl/

Needs an update.  Still points to OOo 3.3

------

German http://www.openoffice.org/de/

OK

------

Hungarian http://www.openoffice.org/hu/

Needs to special attention.  Official downloads are in small print,
but then has more prominent links to off-site
OpenOffice.org_3.2.1_FSF.hu.exe

------

Italian http://www.openoffice.org/it/

OK

------

Japanese  http://www.openoffice.org/ja/

Needs to be updated.  Links are still to OOo 3.3.

------

Portuguese (Brazilian) http://www.openoffice.org/pt-br/

OK

------