incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Touching base with the mirrorbrain operators
Date Fri, 29 Jun 2012 13:26:33 GMT
On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 5:40 PM, drew jensen <drewjensen.inbox@gmail.com> wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> It is wonderful to see the millions of downloads for the current 3.4
> release, utilizing the sf.net resources.
>
> It's also encouraging to see the half million downloads per month still
> going out from the mirrorbrain servers - this 500,000 p/mos figure is
> comprised of older releases, many of which include language packs not
> yet available for 3.4 or the upcoming 3.4.1 - so this is a valuable
> resource to the project still, IMO.
>
> Back in March I sent an email to 102 contact references for that mirror
> network, it would be a good idea IMO to drop another note to these
> folks, let them know we recognize the traffic they are still carrying,
> say thanks and keep in touch as the projects looks to, and plans for the
> next release - 3.4.1 and beyond.
>
> Sound like a good idea?

If we want to use MirrorBrain longer term it would probably be good to
have a ooo-mirrors list, or something like that, so we can have
bidirectional communications.   It would be a low-traffic list, but it
would be better for the operators to join a specialized list than have
them sign up for ooo-dev.

-Rob