incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: official logos ???
Date Sun, 17 Jun 2012 22:54:08 GMT
On Sun, Jun 17, 2012 at 6:38 PM, Hagar Delest <hagar.delest@laposte.net> wrote:
> Le jeu. 14 juin 2012 03:18:36 CEST, Graham Lauder <yo@apache.org> a écrit :
>

>> Probably the best images available of the orb are at:
>>
>> http://www.openoffice.org/ui/VisualDesign/OOo3_refresh.html
>>
>> This was Stella's work for the last brand refresh which is where the orb
>> came
>> into use.
>

> +1.
>
> I don't see any clear direction for the logos.

Can you be more specific?  What do you think needs clarification?

> I've made some tweaking for the download logo. I think we need to be clear
> and simple, avoid too much colors and background that could not fit with the
> rest of the page. See:
> http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=102&t=54452#p238128
> Is it ok or not?
>
> Can we still use the refresh set of icons (above)?

Looks fine to me.  You have the correct name and the TM.  The
Community Forums are part of the overall OpenOffice website, so you
don't need any special permission to use the logo on the website.

> Do we intend to have a discussion + proposals/contest + vote for the visual
> identity of the product?

We had a logo contest and vote for AOO 3.4.0.  I think AOO 3.4.1 will
use the same logo.

In any case, a change of the logo is like any other change to the
product.  For non-controversial changes, JFDI.  If you are not sure if
it is controversial, then seek Lazy Consensus with a proposal and
72-hours.   If there are competing proposals, then we can discuss, and
if necessary, as a last resort we can vote.