incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Create ML for mirrorbrain server operators
Date Fri, 29 Jun 2012 14:31:31 GMT
On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 10:19 AM, drew jensen
<drewjensen.inbox@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It is clear the mirrorbrain server network is still dishing up a
> significant number of downloads and the services are likely to be
> beneficial to the project for some period of time to come.
>
> Henk with the infra team reports he has a list of contact emails now for
> this group of mirror operators.
>
> The suggestion is therefore to create a oo-mirror mailing list to aid in
> communicating with this group.

It looks like you did see my earlier post.

I don't think we should have a dedicated list for mirrorbrain
operators.  But we should have a list of OpenOffice distributors in
general, whether mirror operators, those seeding torrents,
distributing CD's or even just hosting their own copy of AOO (CNet,
FileHippo, etc.).   There is a number of topics that all of these
parties have in common:

1) When is the next release coming?

2) What will the matrix of languages and OS's be, so I can prepare?

3) What is the latest branding and artwork associated with this
release so I can start updating my website?

4) Is there some urgent news that I need to be aware of, like a flawed
release file that should be immediately withdraw?

-Rob