incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [HEADS UP][UPDATE SERVICE] OOo 3.3 update service "first phase" will be active today at 10:00 (GMT+2)
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2012 12:34:13 GMT
On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 3:41 AM, Oliver-Rainer Wittmann
<orwittmann@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> just for your interest.
>
> I will activate the OOo 3.3 update service "first phase" today at 10:00
> (GMT+2).
> In the "first phase" Italian OOo 3.3 instances on Windows, MacOS X, Linux
> 32bit and Linux 64bit will be notified through the update functionality that
> AOO 3.4 is available. The users will be directed to the Italian download
> page [1].

I took a quick look at the Google Analytics numbers. Italy is showing
up as the top download country, more than Germany.  It is hard to
speak about comparative numbers, since we only have full-day counts
for SF downloads, and this update process started mid day.  But in a
few days we should have a good sense.

One thing I did look at was the "conversion" rate for the updates.
This, from the GA perspective:

# of Users who downloaded OpenOffice / # of users who followed the
link to the upgrade.

I don't know how many people were show the upgrade dialog.  I only
know how many clicked that link, and then what % of them downloaded.

So by that definition, the conversion rate is 59%.  But what is odd is
the breakdown by operating system:

Windows 66%
Mac 30%
Linux 63%

So something seems odd about the low conversion rate for Mac users.
Could someone check to the Italian website to make sure we're not
saying something confusing or incorrect about the Mac port?

-Rob