incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Draft] How to Help Translate Apache OpenOffice
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2012 15:55:04 GMT
On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 11:40 AM, Donald Whytock <dwhytock@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 11:15 AM, Rob Weir <rob@robweir.com> wrote:
>> 2) You can suggest translations on our Pootle server:
>> https://translate.apache.org/projects/OOo_34/   Logins to Pootle are
>> reserved for project "Committers" (those volunteers who have
>> demonstrated sustained contributions to the project and have been
>> voted in as committers).  So initially you will need to work with
>> Pootle via suggestions.  But translators who have made substantial
>> contributions via their efforts are regularly give Committer rights.
>
> Should there be an ICLA reference/link?

Perhaps link to this page?  :
http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/ppmc-faqs.html#participate

Note that it is not required to sign the iCLA in order to voted in as
a Committer.  The iCLA is required in order to accept.   Strictly
speaking, the PMC votes to offer someone the ability to be a
Committer.  Oftentimes a potential committer will submit an iCLA in
advance, to save time, especially if they know they will be making
ongoing contributions.