incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Moving Category-B tarballs (was Re: [PROPOSAL] Starting the graduation process)
Date Sat, 02 Jun 2012 22:20:53 GMT
On Sat, Jun 2, 2012 at 6:04 PM, Joe Schaefer <joe_schaefer@yahoo.com> wrote:
> This situation doesn't seem to be diffusing itself,
> even tho I have tried to explain that the 3.4.0 release
> deps "packaging" does not comply with infra policy.
>
> Surely there is a middle ground here- that the missing
> release deps package simply be generated from those
> tarballs in svn.  So long as the source release uses
>
> deps from the (downloaded from mirrors) deps package
>
> instead of directly from svn, AFAICT this project will
> be in compliance with all legal and infra policies.

So what would the status of the debs tarball be?  Is it part of the
release?  Do we vote on it?  It has cat-b source in it, so one would
think that this could not be in a release, and not on the mirrors?  Or
is there a recognized exception for dependencies provided as a
convenience?

> Whether that's best practice is debatable, but I don't
> believe it's so unreasonable that a rational person
> would withhold their participation in the project over it.
>

> HTH

it seems you have some concerns