incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CMS anonymous user improvements
Date Sun, 24 Jun 2012 13:41:35 GMT
On Sun, Jun 24, 2012 at 8:47 AM, Joe Schaefer <joe_schaefer@yahoo.com> wrote:
> This weekend David Blevins and I worked on streamlining
> the anonymous user support in the CMS.  Two major improvements
> are the introduction of "Quick Mail" and anonymous clones.
>
> Quick Mail is the analog of Quick Commit but for anonymous
> users- it is enabled by default and makes submitting patches
> to the mailing list much easier to execute.  The mailout will
> contain a url for committers to use that permits a committer
> to clone the working copy of the anonymous user, so all you'd
> need to do is review the change in the CMS and commit it.

How do you get to this?  When I use the bookmarklet I get the basic
authentication dialog and can't get past that unless I log in.  How
does a non-committer get in?

Also, how long is the anonymous clone URL valid for?  Indefinitely?

Finally, is this a single file per anonymous clone?  or can it map to
an entire change set, e.g., a translation of several pages?

-Rob