incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Final look at art work ( Re: First Year Anniversary - party CD)
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2012 23:08:20 GMT
On 13 June 2012 23:33, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 13 June 2012 18:51, Nancy K <nancythirteen@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Sorry for not posting the link - here it is
>>
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/download/attachments/27834929/freeyourself_PosterB.jpg
>>

> The page footer is truncated on the RHS after "Found" - should be "Foundation".

Also the sentence

an open office suite with freedom built inside

ends much too close to the edge. Perhaps it should be centred?

Further, "built inside" reads oddly to me, but maybe that is an Americanism.

>> Nancy
>>
>>      Nancy      Web Design
>> Free 24 hour pass to lynda.com.
>> Video courses on SEO, CMS,
>> Design and Software Courses
>>

>> ________________________________
>>  From: Nancy K <nancythirteen@yahoo.com>

of the white shadow on the features.  I also placed the features in line with the lower text.
 I think I like Drew's large heading font better than the Bitstream Vera Sans that I used
throughout.
>> Nancy
>>

>>      Nancy      Web Design
>> Free 24 hour pass to lynda.com.
>> Video courses on SEO, CMS,
>> Design and Software Courses
>>

>> ________________________________

think you will have a stronger look - as it will create that imaginary left line.  This looks
great - you have an eye for professional high quality!
>> Nancy
>> PS I was going to tackle the poster, but it is the last minute - I liked everything
in your poster but did agree that the white shadow on the word processor, spreadsheet, vector
drawing, etc. was hard to read.  Have you tried it with a grey or black drop shadow instead
of white? I think it would stand out clearer.  What font style are you using?

>>      Nancy      Web Design
>> Free 24 hour pass to lynda.com.
>> Video courses on SEO, CMS,
>> Design and Software Courses