incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SVN mistake, Sorry
Date Sat, 30 Jun 2012 13:11:20 GMT
On 29 June 2012 20:54, Dennis E. Hamilton <dennis.hamilton@acm.org> wrote:
> @Risto,
>
> I recommend using a00-3.4.1-incubating-src.tar.gz if you have a Windows utility that
will open it.  There I see a total of 66,365 files requiring 1.6GB (uncompressed).

> There is apparently not a separate AOO341 branch or tag.  But if the .tar.gz doesn't
work for you, it appears that there is work going on at <http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/branches/AOO34>
as an alternative, depending what you are interested in.

>  - Dennis

only 948 files for a total of 5,483kB.  But the zip is 357MB.

> I did a WinZip test and received a warning about the central directory not having an
end-of-directory signature.

> Also, in the test output I see many pointless entries for directories, most of which
have no files.

> I am assuming that the .zip is defective in some way.

I think it's Winzip that cannot handle the archive.

I just tried using 7-Zip - test action - and that shows no errors.

Folders: 6941
Files: 66365

It may be that using a different method of generating the zip file
would allow Winzip to open the archive successfully.