incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevin Grignon <kevingrignon...@gmail.com>
Subject [UX] Harvesting social data
Date Wed, 20 Jun 2012 08:56:26 GMT
Collectively, our social assets present a huge opportunity to engage the
AOO user community, capture insight, feedback and thoughts on the current
health of our products, and our future product direction.

Harvesting data from our social media assets, forums and mailing lists is
an extremely challenging task. With soooooooo much content in disparate
sources, it is likely that many threads will fade into the archives.
However, we can attempt to harvest any insight that is considered relevant
and actionable - so that the valueable data is not lost.

To be clear, I understand that such effort is not going to capture
everything, nor is it ever complete. Rather, this is a chance to capture
any notable insight that could help drive informed design and development
decisions in the future. Some data is better than none.

All are encouraged to capture and post data in the AOO UX wiki [1]. See the
Google+ Data wiki page [2] for an example of how we might capture social
data.

[1] http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/AOO_Social_Data
[2] http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/AOO_Social_Data_-_Google%2B

Such raw data can help feed the development of informed UX work products
moving forward. For example, such data can help us define our user roles,
validate key usage scenarios and capture actionable product
recommendations.

Also, some AOO contributors cannot access some social media sites.
Capturing social data in the AOO UX wiki also ensures the relevant and
actionable social data is open, accessible and visible to all.

Thoughts?

Regards,
Kevin