incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevin Grignon <kevingrignon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Word cloud for ooo-dev post subjects
Date Fri, 29 Jun 2012 03:46:46 GMT
KG01 - See comments inline.

On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 6:08 AM, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 5:36 PM, Donald Whytock <dwhytock@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 4:54 PM, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:
> >> http://people.apache.org/~robweir/ooo-dev-cloud.png
> >>
> >> This looks at the top 1000 terms used in ooo-dev post subjects since
> >> this project moved to Apache in June 2011.  The only thing I removed
> >> was "Re:", since that would have dominated the cloud and is machine,
> >> not user written

KG01 - Great stuff Rob. These simple analytics are really interesting. *Would
you be open to harvesting and sharing the extracted post titles for both
ooo-dev and ooo-users and sending along to me*. The Python bit is
unfamiliar to me. The text files, like you did for the twitter feeds would
be great. Then I can go into wordle and tweak, using a variety of filters.
Also, I am exploring other analytic tools to parse the data. Thanks.