incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevin Grignon <kevingrignon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Interesting Result of "Wishlist"
Date Wed, 20 Jun 2012 07:25:50 GMT
KG01 - See comments inline.

On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 6:15 AM, Kay Schenk <kay.schenk@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 16, 2012 at 6:48 PM, imacat <imacat@mail.imacat.idv.tw> wrote:
>
> > Dear all,
> >
> >    A message was posted to the OpenOffice Google+ page, titled
> > "[DISCUSS] What is the most important issue you'd like to be fixed or
> > improved on OpenOffice?", and got interesting replies.
> >
> > https://plus.google.com/114598373874764163668/posts/8MJi9Hh3EmL

KG01 - This is great. Collectively, our social assets present a huge
opportunity to engage the community.

> >    Not sure if all the replies are constructive.  Some may be too
> > vague.  But it still returned interesting result that we can work on
> with.
> >
> > P.S. Replies from Peter Lairo are especially clear and specific.

KG01 - Harvesting data from this social media site and others will be a
challenging task. With soooooooo much content in disparate sources, it is
likely that most threads will  fade into the archives. However, we can
attempt to harvest any insight that is considered relevant and actionable.
I have created a number of pages on the AOO UX wiki to capture this data.
For example, see the Google+ Data page [1] to capture any key insights from
this conversation.

[1] http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/AOO_Social_Data_-_Google%2B

This was pretty interesting actually. In addition to Peter Lairo's, the
> "calc" issues with opening large sheets were pretty good, though I've never
> dealt with any sheet of the size  Belisan Surin uses.
>
> KG01 - This is a great example of some insight that we could harvest from
the DISCUSSION and capture in the AOO UX wiki. Such raw data can help feed
the development of informed UX work products moving forward. For example,
social data can help us define our user roles, validate key usage scenarios
and capture actionable product recommendations.

KG01 - *Can someone with access to Google+, I cannot see this page, harvest
the actionable, relevant data from this conversation and capture in the AOO
Google+M Data wiki page?*

KG01 - As a reminder, some AOO contributors are behind the Golden Shield
and cannot access some social media sites. Capturing such data in the wiki
ensures it is open and available to all.