incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevin Grignon <kevingrignon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache OpenOffice Next-Gen logo - Concepts
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2012 07:32:54 GMT
KG01 - See comments inline.

On Tuesday, June 5, 2012, Fernando Cassia wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 2:44 AM, Kevin Grignon <kevingrignon.oo@gmail.com<javascript:;>>
> wrote:
> > Future logo concepts sketches and high fidelity mockups have been added
> > logo exploration page. Comments and feedback welcome.
> >
> > See:
> >
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+4.x+-+Logo+Explorations
> > .
> >
> > Regards,
> > Kevin
>
> Want the truth, nothing but the truth, the awful truth? I DO NOT LIKE
> THEM AT ALL, any of them.

KG01 - Thanks for your feedback. These concepts are design explorations and
are intended to start the conversation.

> Why change something that has symbolized the "product" for so long and
> people recognize?. Why?

KG01 - Actually, many sketches incorporate the original orb and gulls
(document/page) elements. Others, do not. No wrong answers here:)

> Just to be "modern" and change for change's sake?.

KG01 - As for why, well, the community asked to explore a brand update.

> Have you heard of the "New Coke" fiasco?.

KG01 - All for now, man am I thirsty.