incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Phillip Rhodes <motley.crue....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: The reason I removed the program called Open Office 3.4
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2012 15:07:54 GMT
On Sat, Jun 2, 2012 at 11:15 AM, Kay Schenk <kay.schenk@gmail.com> wrote:
.

> In no circumstance should AOO establish itself as a default for any file
> type.

I'd say "In no circumstance should AOO establish itself as a default
for any file type which is already associated with another program."
That is, we shouldn't "steal" file associations.  If, OTOH, someone is
installing AOO on a box without MS Office, then it makes perfect sense
to make AOO the default program for .doc, .ppt, etc.

Likewise, most people probably don't have a "native" ODF program on
their systems, and installing AOO as the default for ODF would
probably make sense in most cases.

Phil