incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Harbison <dpharbi...@gmail.com>
Subject [PROPOSAL] Apache OpenOffice Conference 2012
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2012 19:11:55 GMT
We have the opportunity to frame up and build a 'conference within a
conference' within the ApacheCON EU 2012 venue, November 5 - 9th in
Sinsheim, Germany. I've pulled  an outline together on the wiki [1].

This is a 'call-to-action'. If you want to see this idea become a reality,
now is the time to volunteer.

Timing is urgent here. In the northern hemisphere, many of us will go off
on vacations in July and August. We need to earn our space from ConComm and
the other ApacheCon volunteers if this idea has any hope of success. Note
that if you volunteer for this effort, you will also need to help out with
the broader conference as well. Share and share alike!

I have asked that we sharpen our proposal and submit it to ConComm by
Friday, June 22nd... in two weeks time. Yes, that's compressed, but I
believe we have sufficiently experienced PPMC members who know what it
takes to make something like this happen. I've started a proposed committee
list on the wiki, but that's all it is a 'start'.

This is a great opportunity to re-boot our OpenOffice community in its
country of origin. I'm personally very excited about this, and hope you are
too. Please engage and make this happen.

[1] *http://s.apache.org/4cp*