incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Harbison <dpharbi...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: a request of publishing
Date Fri, 22 Jun 2012 13:47:29 GMT
Hirano-san

Will you please respond to Go Hanazono? It would be great to have you
represent the project in Japan in this respect. I don't believe he needs to
get any special permission from the PPMC to distribute a DVD. See the FAQ
on Distribution.  *http://s.apache.org/aWk*
Can I Produce a CD/DVD of your software and distribute it.
Yes, this is covered under Apache License 2 for Apache OpenOffice 3.4, and
covered under the LGPL for older versions. Please see *I'm not a lawyer.
What does it all MEAN?* section of the Apache License FAQ
page<http://www.apache.org/foundation/license-faq.html>.
This means you can distribute unmodified versions of Apache OpenOffice as
Apache OpenOffice, or older versions of OpenOffice.org as OpenOffice.org.
Thank you!