incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Zhe Liu <>
Subject Re: [REQUEST][VCLAuto]Create two new modules under SRC_ROOT to place vclauto code.
Date Mon, 25 Jun 2012 08:00:44 GMT
2012/6/25 Andre Fischer <>:
> Hi Zhe Liu,
> we already have four test related modules under main/ (test, testautomation,
> testgraphical, testtools).
> Would one of these be a good place to add two sub-directories for the new
> testing code?
Are you concerned about too many modules?

The new 2 modules are top level modules.  qadevoo and  testoo depend
on testcommon.
testoo -> testcommon
test/testoo ->test/testcommon
 I don't know if it works according to the current build system. In
addition, I don't want to overwrite the existing code. They are
totally different. The 4 modules is maintained by nobody and can be
removed in future, I said it in

> -Andre
> On 25.06.2012 07:32, Zhe Liu wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> Since VCLAuto code is ready, I request to create two new modules under
>> SRC_ROOT to place the code.
>> testcommon:
>> It collects reusable code for testing, e.g. utilities, UNO API helpers
>> and VCLAuto API. Not include any test case.
>> testoo:
>> It stores GUI test cases for OpenOffice.
>> After the code committed in SVN, users can use the following commands
>> to start testing after building AOO.
>> source
>> cd testoo && ant
>> I created one issue to track it.
>> Vclauto guide
>> If nobody have objection to it, I ask for some committer to help me to
>> commit the code.
>> In addition, I plan to refactor testing code step by step in future
>> after vclauto is ready. The target is to unify the existing testing
>> code, reduce the modules and make code clearer. I wrote a wiki to
>> explain it.
>> If you find something wrong or have any objection, pls reply me.

Best Regards

View raw message