incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Wolf Halton <wolf.hal...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: The reason I removed the program called Open Office 3.4
Date Sat, 02 Jun 2012 13:16:39 GMT
When the US gov went to word from wordperfect sometime around 1994, pretty
much everybody who interacted with the government went to MS Office within
a year or so.
I expect we will see a similar effect from Brazil and other governments
moving to OFF.
When I installed 3.4 on windows 7 and on Ubuntu Linux,  I was given an
option to allow or not allow OO to open MS formats by default.  The problem
may be that the default state of the check-boxes is for the file
association to be with OO.
Recently my copy of MS Office 2010 stole back the associations, so I had to
fix them to point back to OO3.4. Thus I can appreciate the feelings of the
original post.

Wolf

PS Sorry for the top-post. Writing this from my phone.

http://evergreen-community-01.lyrasistechnology.org
http://sourcefreedom.com
Apache developer:
wolfhalton@apache.org