incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Wolf Halton <wolf.hal...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Outline frustration
Date Sun, 24 Jun 2012 09:26:22 GMT
On Sat, Jun 23, 2012 at 8:51 PM, Nancy Ritter <ritternw@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am an unsubscribed or unregistered user.
>
> I am preparing a document for myself and prefer to set my own outline and
> not have the text document decide for me.
> After correcting the misguided program's decisions several times, checked
> help,  I gave up and will write it out long hand.
>
> I'm writing to tell you, because I'm sure I can't be the only one with
> this problem.  Don't have time to search forums, blogs, etc.
> Outline feature should be something that the writer selects and turns on,
> not have it foisted upon him.
>
> OO User
> Nancy Ritter

Nancy,

When I was writing papers for college and required to use APA format, I set
up an "APA Normal" page.  I didn't change the regular "normal" template.  I
just used my APA normal as my starting point for all papers.  To develop
this "APA-normal" page, I took a paper that was properly formatted and
renamed it "APA-normal."  Nothing complicated about it.  Maybe something
like this would serve your purposes.

-Wolf

Open-Source Software in Libraries - http://FOSS4Lib.org
Apache Open Office Developer wolfhalton@apache.org