incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Fan Zheng <zheng.easy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question about text clipping mechanism in word processor
Date Fri, 22 Jun 2012 16:18:35 GMT
Hi, Oliver:

In some degree, I changed my mind following your answer that, we should not
change the definition of SvxLineSpacingItem.

So based on the discussion we already have, we can do some summary. Now we
know, Under the following situations:
a. Value of above-paragraph-spacing greater than 0;
b. The type of line-spacing is "Exactly";
c. The value of line-spacing is less than the font height;
MS Word will consider the above-paragraph-spacing as the additional
line-spacing for the first line. Also, MS Word doing funny stuff commonly
because the in-consistent process mechanism, such as the background height
and flying object positing stuff.

In a further step, we considered that AOO has fidelity issues on
representing such kind of MS Word document with the properties settings we
talked about, and we want to fix it.

So far so good. But what should be the range of the fix? In my opinion, we
should consider  following candidates:
a. Preventing the text presentation clipping in first line in above
condition, as ZJ already done perfectly;
b. Consistency behavior of paint refresh and cursor selection; The hard
point of this one is that, when refreshing a line portion painting
(including the selection range stuff), the paint range is clipped already
to fit the size of line portion. We may need some kind of breaking method
on working with "big" line spacing.  Such method may need to change the
VisArea of a SwTxtFrm;
c. Following the in-consistent process mechanism that MS Word has; I really
do not want it, but without it, the fidelity issues still there.
d. Making the documents loaded from ODF files also work like this;

So for me, ZuoJun's work maybe acceptable, but it is only a very beginning
of big works.