incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Re: *DRAFT FINAL* June board report
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2012 10:10:27 GMT
On 7 June 2012 11:02, Jürgen Schmidt <jogischmidt@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 6/7/12 11:54 AM, Ross Gardler wrote:

>>> it's a very bad limitation. I would prefer a user management which
>>> allows registration (by email verification) of new users and where new
>>> users agree to contribute under the Apache license. Maybe combined with
>>> an iCLA but not necessarily require to be committer.
>>>
>>> But I am not sure if something like that would be possible at all.
>>>
>>> Otherwise we have to deal with the current approach and hope that we can
>>> reach volunteers to accept this approach and work together with them on
>>> a fast-track.
>>
>> I agree that the limitation suboptimal.
>>
>> I suggest someone take this up with legal-discuss@ If legal@ feel able
>> to approve a more relaxed approach to iCLAs for access to Pootle then
>> infra@ can be asked to find a technical solution.
>
> I agree and thanks to remind me that I should take the appropriate
> action to address things like that ;-)

Careful with the "I" - madness lies that way ;-)

This is the perfect opportunity for someone lurking here to make an
early and potentially very significant contribution. Shepherding these
kinds of actions takes time away from those embedded in the coding.
It's a good way to earn merit while you figure out where to contribute
to the project. If someone like that is reading but not sure how to
proceed I'm sure others will help guide you.

Ross

--
Ross Gardler (@rgardler)
Programme Leader (Open Development)