incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Re: Must use the incubating qualifier
Date Sat, 23 Jun 2012 20:51:40 GMT
The way to deal with these things is acknowledge the need to use the
qualifier. Where there is a reasonable argument (blog titles on the ASF
home page for example) undertake to improve things and move on.

These things come up occasionally when an interested IPMC member does a
review and sees things the rest of us missed. I brought it here in the hope
of preventing an IPMC mega-thread. Acknowledge it there, deal with it here.

If it helps, I'm not worried about the logo thing, but that might be just
me.

Ross

On Saturday, 23 June 2012, Dennis E. Hamilton
<dennis.hamilton<dennis.hamilton@acm.org>
@ <dennis.hamilton@acm.org>acm.org <dennis.hamilton@acm.org>> wrote:
> I think it would be good and wait until the original reporter identifies
what the specific infraction is and what its cure is.  One part of the
complaint is how AOOi is mentioned in tweets by @TheASF.  Those are not, as
far as I am aware, anything under our control whatsoever.

> I would not dispense with full atom feeds.
>
> Having "(incubating)" used at the beginning of a post, even with a link
to what that entails, could be useful.  Whether it needs to be in the title
or not remains to be seen.

> Of course, whatever the practice is asserted to be, it will need to be
honored by all incubating projects, of course.

blogs.apache.org<https://blogs.apache.org/OOo/entry/5_million_downloads_of_apache>
/OOo/entry/5_million_downloads_of_apache<https://blogs.apache.org/OOo/entry/5_million_downloads_of_apache>