incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <>
Subject Re: [EVENT] OSCON?
Date Fri, 22 Jun 2012 22:17:03 GMT

On Jun 22, 2012 10:16 PM, "Louis Suárez-Potts" <> wrote:
> Hi,
> On 2012-06-21, at 10:56 , Donald Harbison wrote:
> > Is anyone planning on attending OSCON 2012 in Portland Oregon, July 16 -
> > 20?
> > It'd be great to know if the project will have any representation there.
> I'll be there, too, but was not planning on presenting on AOO directly.
I'm also to be at the pre-conference unconference Community Leadership
> One thing that Oscon does make possible is "Birds of a Feather" (BoF).
 Also, meet ups. Usually, these are only of interest for coders. That is to
say, if I were to convene one, I'm sure everyone who would otherwise be
intrigued would find something else more convenient to do.
> At least wrt coding.

Note there will be some ASF hackathon space on Mon and Tues.

> Wrt to, say, the new AOO and what it spells for OO, there might be a some
interest, but what would be gained, really? On the other hand, I (or Ross,
I guess) could arrange for some AOO-focused media interviews. Those are
useful. If so, I'd ask to have a few things to relay to the media. These
could be mentioned on the blog.

I won't be doing any media stuff around AOO. Happy to help out if the PPMC
wants me to do so, but I have no plans to lead anything.