incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From zhangjf <zhan...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Installation Experience and Feedback
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2012 02:06:50 GMT
On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 3:23 PM, Jürgen Schmidt
<jogischmidt@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 6/7/12 4:57 AM, Gavin McDonald wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Here is my installation experience, it seems to vary somewhat from some
>> others experiences.
>>
>> Environment: Windows 7 64 Bit, experience was same of both Desktop and
>> Laptop.
>>

>> 1. Download OpenOffice 3.4 from openoffice.org mirror. -- Time: 2 minutes.
>>
>> 2. Unpack . -- Time: < 1 minute.
>>
>> 3. Install. -- Time: 2 minutes.
>>
>> 4. Erm, nothing e4lse, we are done!
>>
>> It really was as painless and quick as that. Well Done Guys n Gals!
>>
>> I do have a few observations that someone might think Bugzilla worthy (all
>> minor):
>>
>> a. UAC - Publisher is 'Unknown' . The User Account Control really should
>> have 'Apache Software Foundation'
>>    as the Publisher. (Note that in the Add/Remove programs section shows
>> 'OpenOffice.org' as  the Publisher.
>
> agree, it should already fine for the Linux packages. We have to find
> the correct place but it shouldn't be a problem when when we know for
> what we are looking ;-) Please submit an issue for that

I remember the unknown publisher message is caused by lacking
signature in the msi install package, it should get signed with an
official certification by the signtool or signcode utility from
Windows SDK. If you have the certification, this step can be done
after the msi packages are generated separately and if possible, it
can be integrated as one step in the build procedure.