incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From zhangjf <zhan...@apache.org>
Subject Re: After long-running GUI testing, AOO3.4 becomes slower and slower, and occupies more and more memory
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2012 08:44:06 GMT
I don't think this is the only case to show all possible memory leaks.
Here we'd better have a base line of leaked memory number with a set
of files, a set of common use cases and a fixed loop count. By
comparing with that base line we can see the progress in that area in
the future.

zhangjf

On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 9:17 AM, Zhe Liu <aliuzhe@gmail.com> wrote:
> Unfortunately,I lost  Mac data and forget the iteration count.
> Fortunately, I also did the same test on Ubuntu:
> 361 iterations,  48hours, memory changed from 122644KB to 1133668KB,
> +2800KB per iteration.
>
> 2012/6/9 Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org>:
>> On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 9:43 PM, Zhe Liu <aliuzhe@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>> This week I did some long-running GUI testing on AOO 3.4 using Java on
>>> my iMac. After about 23 hours, the memory occupied by soffice changed
>>> from 90MB to 600MB. And soffice became very slow.
>>> My scenario is
>>> 1. Create new Text Document/Spreadsheet/Presentation/Drawing.
>>> 2. Input some simple text in it.
>>> 3. Save and then reopen it.