incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From zhangjf <zhan...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Symphony code now in SVN
Date Tue, 19 Jun 2012 00:56:13 GMT
On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 11:56 PM, Ariel Constenla-Haile
<arielch@apache.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 06:39:22PM +0800, zhangjf wrote:
>> I have corrected the executable permission on file
>> main/fetch_tarballs.sh and set two svn:externals attributes on
>> symphony/trunk to get ext_libraries and ext_sources from
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/branches/AOO34/. So
>> except still needing to download icu 4.8.1 from
>> http://download.icu-project.org/files/icu4c/4.8.1/icu4c-4_8_1-src.tgz,
>> the code should be ready for build after checking out.
>
> The code is so unbuildable on Fedora 17 64 bits with GCC 4.7 that
> I stopped on module sal.
>

> Regards
> --
> Ariel Constenla-Haile
> La Plata, Argentina

>From it's build guide at http://s.apache.org/n0, you can find this statement,

Symphony officially can be built on the following platforms
System 	Architecture
Windows XP / 7 	intel x86
Linux - Ubuntu 11.04 	intel x86
Linux - Suse Enterprise Desktop 11 	intel x86
Mac OS X - 10.5 / 10.6 / 10.7 	intel x86

And in section Build Symphony on Linux - Ubuntu, there is a line,

  You can make a full build for Symphony with gcc 4.5 on Ubuntu 11.04

In fact, we don't know it's actual build status on other platforms or
with different build configurations. You can try on these supported
platforms and configurations, so we can provide some kinds of support.

Regards,
Zhangjf