incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From zhangjf <zhan...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Next steps for Symphony and AOO
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2012 01:16:39 GMT
On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 8:48 AM, Graham Lauder <g.a.lauder@gmail.com> wrote:

> I always liked those two choices!  My gut goes for revolution, however do I
> remember a comment from way back that OOo extensions don't work with Symphony?
> That might be a disruption too far perhaps.
>
> Cheers
> GL

That's partially true. The contributed Symphony code is originated
from OOo 3.1m11, it also contains a few new extension code from AOO
3.4, so some simple extensions like dictionaries does work, but if the
extension involves GUI extensions or depends on late AOO features that
Symphony doesn't have yet, they still don't work. Option II also
implies that all extension support code should be migrated to Symphony
code base.

Regards,
zhangjf