incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ji Yan <yanji...@gmail.com>
Subject Do we want to drop platform support of RedHat 5 and SuSE 10
Date Mon, 18 Jun 2012 08:37:52 GMT
According to build guide[1], gcc 4.2.3 is the current reference compiler
which means Linux build should be compiled against RedHat Enterprise
Linux(RHEL) 6 or SuSE Linux Enterprise Desktop(SLED) 11. So I'm wondering
if we should drop OS support for RHEL5 and SLED 10?

The fact is that AOO 3.4 release build is unable to be launched in neither
RHEL5 nor SLED 10. Should we update system requirement and installation
guide?

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide/Building_on_Linux
--

Thanks & Best Regards, Yan Ji