incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Clarence GUO <clarence.guo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Confusing design
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2012 03:09:53 GMT
I agree with a new brilliant UI. The current UI is quite old and have no
big difference with old OpenOffice3.x
You want a big icon with text surround a image like MS Office 2010. But
that will make the tool bar too large so that will decrease the edit area.
Maybe that's not some user's expectation either.
A way to achieve this maybe is auto-hidden tool-bar with large icons. It's
hidden on top by default. Once user move mouse hover on the top area of the
screen, it will show. And it could be transparent so that will not decrease
nor hide the edit area.
If fact, other panels such as slides picker and task panel could be
auto-hidden and transparent. That will looks cool and save edit area.
Anyway, I hope a new UI design in later release which can attract more
young users.