incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: i want to start volunterring
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2012 20:09:16 GMT
On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 11:47 AM, Rushi Anil Phutane <
rushi19phutane@rediffmail.com> wrote:

> I want get involved in&nbsp; the&nbsp;  "14 Ways to Contribute to Open
> Source without Being a Programming Genius or a Rock Star."&nbsp; how can I
> start&nbsp; helping by developeing something
>

> &nbsp;
> thanks
> &nbsp;rushi phutane.

Hi Rushi and welcome to Apache OpenOffice

It's great that you came across that particular article by the way.

I'm not sure what route you took to subscribe to this list.

Currently, we have a "Help Wanted" page in the  project website area

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Help+Wanted

I don't know if you've seen this or not.

If you want to dig right in to actually fixing problems, you might want to
take a look at some of them from our Bugzilla area --

https://issues.apache.org/ooo/

or, just spend some time on this list for a while and see what crops up.

The area under Development  on "Get Involved"

http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/get-involved.html

also contains information on how to submit patches etc.

Welcome to our community.

MzK

"Everything will be all right in the end...
      if it's not all right then it's not the end. "
             -- Sonny, "The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel"