incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Moving Category-B tarballs (was Re: [PROPOSAL] Starting the graduation process)
Date Wed, 20 Jun 2012 22:24:14 GMT
On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 7:58 AM, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:

> >> Do you have any proposal for how that could addressed
> >> without breaking the released AOO 3.4.0 source
> >> distribution?
> >>

> > Hasn't changed.
> >
> > Axe and add a note to the src distribution to let
> > people know where to find the (already optional)
> > tarballs.
> >

> This would also be cleared up after 3.4.1 is released, since that
> would not depend on the legacy location for the tarballs.  It is
> easier to break 3.4.0 once a 3.4.1 is out.
>
> It is fine with me if we delay graduation until after 3.4.1 is
> released.  This also avoids having graduation trigger a disruptive set
> of naming changes to the release and the website at the same time
> we're trying to get out a release.

I think this is wise... +1!

> > Pedro.

MzK

"Known commonly as the jackass, this long-eared little creature
is respected throughout the southwest—roundly cursed
yet respected—and here he is usually referred to by his
Spanish name, burro. Because of his extraordinary bray,
he is sometimes ironically called the "Arizona Nightingale."

                     -- "Arizona, the Grand Canyon State: A State Guide",
                              By Federal Writers' Project