incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: i want to start volunterring
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2012 22:59:38 GMT
On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 11:47 AM, Rushi Anil Phutane <
rushi19phutane@rediffmail.com> wrote:

> I want get involved in&nbsp; the&nbsp;  "14 Ways to Contribute to Open
> Source without Being a Programming Genius or a Rock Star."&nbsp; how can I
> start&nbsp; helping by developeing something
>

> &nbsp;
> thanks
> &nbsp;rushi phutane.

Hi Rushi and thanks for your interest in Apache OpenOffice

It's great that you came across that particular article by the way.

You might start by taking a look at our "Get Involved" page if
you haven't already...

http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/get-involved.html

Currently, we have a "Help Wanted" page linked there

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Help+Wanted

that gives descriptions of some things you may be interested in.

If you want to dig right in to actually fixing problems, you might want to
take a look at some of them from our Bugzilla area --

https://issues.apache.org/ooo/

or, subscribe to the ooo-dev list and spend some time there seeing if
anything looks interesting

The area under Development  on "Get Involved"

http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/get-involved.html

also contains information on how to submit patches etc.

We welcome your participation.

MzK

"Everything will be all right in the end...
      if it's not all right then it's not the end. "
             -- Sonny, "The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel"