incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Lin Yuan <yuanlin....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Call for UX review] [Windows 8 certification]Test for "Section 11 Apps must support multi-user sessions" is not tested by Windows App Certification Kit
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2012 01:23:03 GMT
Currently in AOO, only part of the data in user profile is locked and can
not access by mutiple instances. So as tested on Windows Server 2008, AOO
will crash in such situation. The patch is not to really support one user
to launch multiple instances on mutiple sessions case. According to the
suggestion in Windows 8 Certification below:
*Note*: If an app does not support multiple user sessions or remote access,
it must clearly state this when launched from this kind of session.
With the patch, AOO will popup a warning dialog and exit in this case. So
it will still not support mutiple user sessions for one user but the UX is
more frendly than the current crash issue.

Thanks,
Lin Yuan