incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From RGB ES <rgb.m...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [UX][Volunteers Needed] - Harvesting Social Data
Date Tue, 26 Jun 2012 10:11:52 GMT
2012/6/26 Kevin Grignon <kevingrignon.oo@gmail.com>:
> Hello All,
>
> As mentioned in an earlier post, collectively, our social assets present a
> huge opportunity to engage the AOO user community, capture insight,
> feedback and thoughts on the current health of our products, and our future
> product direction.
>
> Harvesting data from our social media assets, forums and mailing lists is
> an extremely challenging task. With soooooooo much content in disparate
> sources, it is likely that many threads will fade into the archives.
> However, we can attempt to harvest any insight that is considered relevant
> and actionable - so that the valueable data is not lost.
>
> Also, some AOO contributors cannot access some social media sites.
> Capturing social data in the AOO UX wiki also ensures the relevant and
> actionable social data is open, accessible and visible to all.
>
> To be clear, I understand that such effort is not going to capture
> everything, nor is it ever complete. Rather, this is a chance to capture
> any notable insight that could help drive informed design and development
> decisions in the future. Some data is better than none.
>
> Also, some international AOO contributors cannot access some social media
> sites. Capturing social data in the AOO UX wiki also ensures the relevant
> and actionable social data is open, accessible and visible to all.
>
> I have created a number of pages within the AOO UX wiki [1] for harvesting
> and capturing social data.
>
> [1] http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/AOO_Social_Data
>
> I invite everyone to harvest insight from our social media and post to the
> wiki. If you see something relevant, that could be actionable, please
> harvest this information and post to the wiki. Feel free to tweak the
> document table format to suite the content.
>
> Such raw data can help feed the development of informed UX work products
> moving forward. For example, such data can help us define our user roles,
> validate key usage scenarios and capture actionable product
> recommendations. Tracing our design and development work products to real
> data ensures that we will make informed decisions driven by end user
> insight.
>
> Do not hesitate to contact me for more information on this ongoing research
> activity.
>
> Regards,
> Kevin

Added one example (and fixed a typo on the table headings) to see how it works.

I think "description" column should be left aligned, not centred, but
other than aligning paragraph one by one I cannot find a way to do so
on the column. Also the bold is not needed there, but I did not find
how to change that.

I'm really a newbie on wikis, as you can see :)

Regards
Ricardo