incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Jihui Choi <jihui.c...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: The reason I removed the program called Open Office 3.4
Date Sat, 02 Jun 2012 04:24:27 GMT
On Sat, Jun 2, 2012 at 11:40 AM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:
> I am unsure from your statement Choi (is it proper to use the second name in conversation?)
whether you were confirming the user's report.

It's simple. I installed AOO 3.4 and I realized there's no option for
choosing file association.
I read every sentences on each dialogue box, but there's no mention or
no option.

I installed AOO 3.4 again on another computer. It's on Windows XP and
there is MS Office 2007.
After I installed AOO 3.4, .docx, .xls, .xlsx are opened in MS Office.
However .doc is opened in AOO.
And as I said there was no option nor mention about file association
while installing AOO.
I can't check what exactly happened in registry because I don't have a
authority for that, but I'm
sure AOO changed something without user's agreement or notice.

> The check must not be implicit to the user who just clicks continue and accept buttons
through the WIndows installation process. Users must explicitly choose to have AOO override
MS Office for MS Office documents.

I totally agree with you, dave. and this one should go to bugzilla.

--
Regards,
JiHui Choi