incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Zhang Lu <>
Subject [Call-for-​​Review][C​alc]Last argument of formula should not be removed
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2012 04:47:56 GMT
Hi All,

   My name is Zhang Lu. I am a developer working in
Symphony team. My special areas are number format, formula, and sc.

I have a patch for review.<>

Step: xls file contain formula AVERAGEA(1,2,3,)
Defect : AOO remove the last comma, and the compute result is different
from MS.
2.Save the file to ods, the last comma is removed.
3. AOO should not remove the last comma

Root Cause:
When reading Excel 2k3/2k7 doc, comma will be ignored if it is in the end
of a formula.

When reading Excel 2k3/2k7 doc, if meet comma in the end of  a formula, add
a number '0' (this solution only apply on those function that default value
is 0 when meet miss argument, and which can't be skipped. e.g.COUNT, SUM,
AVERAGE, MIN, MAX, NPV..., refer to the attachment of issue 3879).