incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [RELEASE][3.4.1]: Include only one en-US dictionary extension
Date Tue, 19 Jun 2012 22:15:31 GMT

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 19, 2012, at 9:19 AM, Ariel Constenla-Haile <arielch@apache.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 10:01:10AM -0400, Dave Fisher wrote:
>> But none of you are native English speakers. English varies from
>> country to country around the world. Why not disable or rename the
>> second version when the name collides?
>
> we cannot edit the extensions, they are downloaded and packaged "as is".
> On the other hand, the dict-en.oxt is a general dictionary extension, it
> supports the following locales: en-GB en-US en-ZA en-AU en-CA

Would it be possible to reject extensions where the name collides inside of AOO?

Perhaps a description of why the extension manager chooses the bad NZ over the preferred and
correctly named versions? Is the last or first with the name chosen? Would a known bad actor
patch work?

The proposed solution effects many more users than are experiencing the problem.

After all we are adding en-GB in this version.

Regards,
Dave