incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Touching base with the mirrorbrain operators
Date Fri, 29 Jun 2012 19:59:26 GMT
Rob Weir wrote:
>> If we want to use MirrorBrain longer term it would probably be good to
>> have a ooo-mirrors list ...
> Or maybe broaden it to an ooo-distributors list

Good idea, and this ooo-distributors list would have a clear focus, so
there's no risk it will overlap with ooo-dev.

And I also agree that the MirrorBrain network should be kept alive, at
least to serve the same purposes it's serving now, i.e., distributing
the pre-Apache, LGPL-licensed OpenOffice.org binaries, including the
many localizations not yet available in 3.4.x; we cannot rely on the
Apache archive for this since the traffic is still huge.

Regards,
   Andrea.