incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Herbert Duerr <...@apache.org>
Subject Enable automation for release blocker requests?
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2012 13:20:19 GMT
With the new round of hand-written request-for-blocker-flag mails I'd
like to reintroduce the automatism I had suggested a while ago [1]:

When someone requests a release blocker flag in bugzilla then an
automatic mail to either this or to the ooo-issues list should be generated.

A couple of month this suggestion was rejected because of the noise it
generated on the mailing lists. But with the hand-written requests we
have all the noise, a source for errors and extra work. Why not automate
and let the computers do what they can do better?

Other possible workflows could be that the issues with pending
blocker-flags get queried and only the issues where its comments show
uncertainties or conflict potential should be discussed on the
dev-mailing list.

IMHO the workflow we are using now with the manual requests is the worst
of the three alternatives.

[1]
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-ooo-dev/201202.mbox/%3C4F2ABC07.1060801@apache.org%3E

Herbert