incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <orwittm...@googlemail.com>
Subject [UPDATE SERVICE] proposal to activate the update service for OOo 3.2 and OOo 3.2.1
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2012 09:30:02 GMT
Hi,

I am sorry - again some stuff regarding our update service.

As it has been pointed out in [1] there are some more OOo versions out there for
which we can activate the update service.

Thus, I am proposing to activate the update service for installed OOo 3.2 and
OOo 3.2.1 instances for which we have an AOO 3.4 installation package.
These would be OOo 3.2/3.2.1 versions of the following languages on Windows,
MacOS X, Linux 32bit and Linux 64bit:
- English (US)
- Arabic
- Chinese (simplified)
- Chinese (traditional)
- Czech
- Dutch
- French
- Galician
- German
- Hungarian
- Italian
- Japanese
- Portuguese (Brazilian)
- Russian
- Spanish

If nobody objects, I will work on the following tasks to make this happen:
(A) get in contact with Apache infrastructure in order to get the following
Update URLs of OOo 3.2.1 and OOo 3.2 redirected:
-- http://update35.services.openoffice.org/ProductUpdateService/check.Update
-- http://update34.services.openoffice.org/ProductUpdateService/check.Update
These are the Update URL of OOo 3.2.1 resp. OOo 3.2
(B) creation of corresponding XML documents at the following URLs:
-- http://www.openoffice.org/projects/update35/ProductUpdateService/check.Update
-- http://www.openoffice.org/projects/update34/ProductUpdateService/check.Update
The content of these XML documents will be more or less the same as for our OOo
3.3 update service, found at [2], but will contain download URLs with
corresponding URL parameters in order to identify the OOo version which is using
the update function.

[1] http://markmail.org/message/kepaycvdsaibijn6
[2] http://www.openoffice.org/projects/update36/ProductUpdateService/check.Update

Best regards, Oliver.