incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: References to "Apache OpenOffice"
Date Tue, 26 Jun 2012 13:47:51 GMT
Dave Fisher wrote:
> Wearing my IPMC and PPMC hats. I've changed blog entry titles. Sorry
> for our oversight (or lack). Thanks for yours.

Was it really necessary? In the meantime, Rob had edited the blog
entries to insert:

(Apache OpenOffice is currently undergoing Incubation at the Apache
Software Foundation.)

and this seems a good trade-off to me, much more than adding
"(incubating)" to the title, which will confuse users, especially
non-native speakers (but also native speakers won't always be able to
guess what "incubating" means in this context).

Honestly, I'd be for linking "undergoing Incubation" (in the clauses Rob
added) to Don's post
https://blogs.apache.org/OOo/entry/what_is_a_podling or some more
official explanation, and removing "(incubating)" from the titles.

This would give all interested parties the opportunity to discover what
"incubating" means, which is probably the rationale behind the rule to
use "(incubating)" everywhere, and at the same time would keep titles
easily readable.

Regards,
   Andrea.