incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andre Fischer>
Subject Re: [RELEASE][3.4.1]: Include only one en-US dictionary extension
Date Mon, 25 Jun 2012 14:54:19 GMT
On 19.06.2012 09:17, Andre Fischer wrote:
> On 19.06.2012 05:07, Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
>> Hi there,
>> there have been some reports of users complaining that the Thesaurus
>> does not work.

>> As this bug has its root in the dictionary extensions, the only thing we
>> can do to fix it is just provide only one extension, in this case
>> dict-en.oxt.
> Dropping the other english dictionaries is a good idea for other
> reasons, too.  Issue 119272
> ( describes the
> problem of all dictionaries using more than 160MB, most of this are the
> large thesaurus files.  Including only one english dictionary would
> reduce this number considerably.  Besides, it contains support for most
> variants of English anyway.

I would like to go forward on this but am not sure that we reached
consensus.  Are there still concerns about this?  If nobody complains in
the next 72 hours then I will remove all English extensions except
dict-en.oxt for both the standard English version and the British
English version.

See also issue 120033
( for details.

View raw message