incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Jürgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [RELEASE][3.4.1]: proposing "Bug 118057 [filter] word 2003 XML (wordml) filters broken" as release blocker
Date Mon, 25 Jun 2012 11:34:19 GMT
On 6/25/12 8:04 AM, De Bin Lei wrote:
> 2012/6/25 Pedro Giffuni <pfg@apache.org>

thanks, I think the point Pedro was raising here is that we have to be
careful and have to ensure that fixes are going in both code bases, the
AOO34 branch as base for 3.4.1 and trunk for 3.5.

And that we fix an issue in trunk and merge the fix with svn merge into
the branch or vice versa.

My initial idea was to fix all 3.4.1 issues on the branch and merge the
whole branch in trunk afterwards. But even this approach doesn't work
for everything. Think about changes to adapt the version number from 3.4
to 3.4.1 or 3.4 to 3.5

I would like to suggest that we simply add the revision numbers in the
issue description. That will help us to easy analyze if the fix is in
the branch and trunk.

Most fixes are probably fixed on trunk first and merged after some
discussion on the branch. But do we need a fix direction here? I think
no because it really depends on the issue. Keep in mind that we have
some general tasks to do for each release that are not necessary on trunk.

We should use svn merge to integrate a fix from one code base into
another one.

Juergen